What is the Bring and Buy?
The Bring and Buy is a second hand market for your old games. You can bring your old games and we will sell them for you, for cash. You pay a small registration fee for each item and 10% of the sale cost that goes to charity. You receive back the other 90% at the show.
Our Bring and Buy is the largest hobby games Bring and Buy at any UK games convention and we believe in the world. Last year donated £20,000 to charity largely from commission taken on sales. The Bring and Buy is located in NEC Hall 2.
- Open for Booking items in only on Thursday 28th May 19.00 to 23.00
- Open for Booking items in and sales Friday 29th May 9.00 to 5pm
- Open for Booking items in and sales Saturday 30th May 9.00 to 5pm
- Open for Booking items in and sales Sunday 31st May 9.00 to 3pm
Restrictions and Limitations
Please note that the bring and buy is provided for individuals to sell their unwanted games. Exhibitors and Companies may not use the Bring and Buy as a way of disposing of stock
All transactions in the bring and buy are cash only. No cards or cheques will be accepted.
No bags that have any contents are allowed into the bring and buy. You may bring empty bags to take purchases away but they must be empty, like really empty, so empty they don't even have nothing in them.
Bags include but are not restricted to :-
- Shopping bags
- Bags with games you have bought
Please leave the bags in the Shop and Drop or in the NEC cloakrooms which are out side Hall 1,2 and 4 (£1 an item)
Rules of the Bring and Buy
- UK Games Expo will take 10% commission on all goods sold on the Bring and Buy rounded up to the nearest 10p
- The seller is responsible for registering and collecting all submitted items.
- Items can not be withdrawn from sale before 1pm each day.
- All goods offered on the Bring and Buy are left at the sellers risk- UK Games Expo and the members operating the Bring and Buy accept no responsibility or liability for any goods stolen, lost or accidentally damaged.
- Trading while queuing is prohibited
- UKGE retains the right to not accept for sale any items it deems inappropriate. (This includes damaged items or poorly packaged items or old stock from exhibitors or other companies)
- For each 10 (or part of) items submitted there is a non refundable £2 booking in fee.
- All profit from the Bring and Buy will be donated to charities designated by the UKGE.
The UK Games Expo Bring and Buy is entirely computerised.
How does it work?
Our bring and buy uses a computerised system. You must enter your lots to be sold via a UKGE account - no account - no sale.
This enables us to barcode every item and track what is sold to make the whole process quick and efficient.
Entering your Items into the Bring and Buy System
- ALL items sold at the BnB MUST be entered into the online database in order to be sold.
- Login into your customer account.
- Visit the Bring and Buy page.
- Click the Add an Item button.
- Each item requires a title description,category(pick the one that best suits) and a price.
- Once you have added an item it will appear on the Bring and Buy page.
- You may add and remove items as you see fit up until you come to book in at the show
Booking your Items into the Bring and Buy
- At the show report to the BnB booking in point and give your account email address or name.
- Low tack removable labels will be printed for you to fix to your lots.
- You must pay £1 per 10 lots or part thereof
- If you have not brought some items you previously entered just discard the labels
- Go to a booking in point and the operator will scan your labelled games and take them for stocking in the shop
If you have added your lots before the show booking in should be very quick, we have special label printers that will print 50+ labels a minute. So it should take as long as it takes to stick the labels on the goods. TAKE NOTE : BOOK IN BEFORE THE SHOW.
You can book your items in via any web enabled device as it is simply done via the UKGE website.
- All items will be sorted in to categories and placed on racking so you can browse through them rather than trying to get to the front of a table
- Only empty bags are allowed into the shop area. Other bags can be left at the Shop and Drop or NEC cloak rooms.
- Collect what you wish to buy and go to the checkout
- Barcodes will be scanned and goods checked to ensure that the label matches the item
- You pay for your items and exit the shop.
Getting paid and collecting unsold Games
- When collecting you go to the collection point
- You give your account name or email
- BnB staff will print out a summary sheet that will show, all items sold and sale price, total sold, commission owed, money owed to account holder, list of unsold items
- You can now be paid and collect your unsold items presenting the printout at the checkout as proof that you own the items and are removing them from the BnB. The BnB staff will then scan them so they are removed from the system and you can go.
Please note that the last collection from the Bring and Buy is 6pm Sunday 31st May.
If you have not collected your unsold games and money by 6pm you will have agreed to donate the money to our designated charities. The games will be disposed of as UKGE sees fit