FRIDAY 21st August 2020
The UK Games Expo Speed-Dating is an opportunity for invited games designers to pitch their game to publishers during two 90 minute sessions. Designers will see a different publisher every 5 minutes.
Each session will comprise of 12 to 15 pitches. There will be a short break in the middle.
The designers will be invited on the strength of a sell sheet and a brief summary that the publishers will have the opportunity to review and short list before the Expo.
We guarantee to invite every publisher’s first choice of designer and as many others as possible.
After the speed dating is over, Publishers will have the opportunity to discuss designs further and make arrangements to follow up designs there are interested in. There is also a Publisher-Designer Networking event following the Speed Dating.
In 2020 we plan to run two Speed Dating sessions each focused on different genres of games:
- Euro/ American Style and Strategic Games
- Family/Abstract and Party Games
Applications for Boot Camp and for Publisher-Designer Speed Dating use the same route.
Designers: to apply to be one of the designers at this event you must do the following:
- Fill in this application form. You can select to be considered for Publisher-Designer Speed Dating or Boot Camp or both.
- Submit a sales sheet for your game. (Find out more on creating a sales sheet in our FAQ.)
- Submit a brief rules summary.(A single sheet of A4 maximum length. Find out more in our FAQ.)
These documents should be emailed to Richard. with a subject heading of 'Speed-dating/Boot Camp Documentation'.
- Buy an entry ticket for the UK Games Expo: Tickets are here.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on 30th June 2020.
Publishers we need you!
We are looking for expressions of interest from Publishers wishing to take part in the Speed Dating.
Publishers should be in a position to be able consider development of designs and potential future publication.
Interested publishers should email Richard.