Playtest Zone (Organised by Playtest UK)
Think you know what makes a good game?
Enjoy testing a game and maybe helping making them better?
Fancy playing tomorrow's games today?
The Playtest Zone is an area specifically designed to allow game designers and members of the public test new games that are still in the design phase of their production. Designers can book a playtest slot to bring a prototype and get feedback from everyone who plays their game. This is an open event and free to entry for designers and testers alike. We also encourage Publishers to look at this area and consider possible future designs.
Playtest will run on Saturday 22nd August 10am to 6pm and Sunday 23rd August, running from 10am to 4pm.
- If you have a board game or card game prototype that you want to playtest at UK Games Expo visit our Book a Playtest Slot page to find reserve a slot.
- Go to the Virtually Expo Discord Server
- Visit the Playtest Section General channel and you will be told what games are available.
- Play the games and Give your feedback.
- Prototypes will be in various genres and difficulties; there should be something for everyone to try. No sign-up necessary.
The Playtest Zone is part of UKGE's Publisher-Designer Track
Playtest UK is a friendly group of board/card game designers and playtesters that meet regularly in London, Cambridge, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Leeds, Enfield, Bath, Norwich, Edinburgh and Reading, Birmingham, Sheffield, Oxford, Bristol, Dundee, Cornwall, Southampton and SE London.. (It’s free to join and attend.)
The gamers get to play new games before they are published, give their input and maybe get a playtesting credit. The designers gain valuable feedback to help them develop their games further.