UK Games Expo are looking for an individual to work as part of their small office team, based in Kidderminster, to undertake the marketing administrator function. UKGE runs one of the largest hobby game conventions in the world and is responsible for the planning and delivery on this three day convention at the end of May each year. This role in the UKGE team has the following responsibilities:
- Asset Traffic Administration
- Responsible for fulfilling customer marketing orders
- Ensure timely reception of artwork assets for marketing orders
- Maintain a schedule for marketing orders
- Communicate with customers to agree marketing dates
- Queue up social media posts to fulfil customer marketing orders
- UKGE Social Media posts
- Prepare and schedule social media posts for UKGE
- Work with Facebook agency to plan pre show ad campaign
- Website Updates
- Use content management system (Wagtail) to keep website up to date
- Press and Media Administration
- Invite press to the show.
- Approve and allocate show passes using defined criteria for assigning a press pass.
- Schedule any interviews or press releases as required.
- Programme administration
- Admin support for the production of the show programme. This includes sourcing artwork from contributors, our own archive and helping ensure all adverts etc have been put in the programme. Design and editing is done by 3rd party.
While these duties are the core responsibilities of the marketing administrator all UKGE staff work as a team to ensure the show runs. This means each team member must be willing to help with other work as time and training allows. UKGE is a task focused organisation that is interested in getting a particular job done to the best of our ability.
The right candidate will have these attributes:
- A confident and creative communicator, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms, eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills.
- Happy using and learning a variety of web based applications both bespoke and commercial software. (Not programming).
- Flexible and not afraid of taking up whatever job needs to be completed.
- Work under pressure to a fixed deadline.
- Willing to take on new challenges.
Desired but not required:
- Knowledge of tabletop games industry or willingness to learn
UK GAMES EXPO LTD
UKGE works a four day week, Monday to Thursday, with a work flow that is very cyclical. Our focus is on giving our exhibitors and attendees the best experience we possibly can.
We want all employees to experience a good work/life balance and are focused on ensuring good outcomes for our customers and the company rather than on time things take. We typically work 9am to 5pm with a lunch break. However we offer flexible working hours within reason.
UK Games Expo runs at the end of the May Half Term holiday and you must be available to be on site at the NEC from the Wednesday until the Sunday inclusive. All expenses are paid by UKGE
UKGE also exhibits at Essen Spiel in Germany every October for 5 days Wednesday – Sunday and all employees must be available to travel and work. All expenses are paid by UKGE
Annual Leave is 6 weeks per annum plus Bank Holidays
No holidays can be taken in the 5 weeks before the show.
Job Types: 4 Day weeks, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 per year
Send your CV to [email protected] and please use "Reference ID: UKGE-MA" in the subject line.
Application deadline: 29/10/2021